Tag Archives: comic book divas publishing
Comic Book Divas is in the production process of creating its first 8 page comic book entitled “8 Page Action: Featuring BlackBird” This comic will be Comic Book Divas Publishing first 8 page comic and will feature the first appearance of the super hero character “BlackBird” and the villain “Jolly The Clown” in a comic book.
We are looking for two cosplayers to feature their likeness as the primary characters
BLACKBIRD BACK STORY
BlackBird was once a high level government sniper and extractor those that would do harm to others and to the United States and the world. Finally having enough with the life, much to the chagrin of her superiors of D.O.E. leaves to work with her family business. Until one day er family is slaughtered in a massive drive by and her sister is presumably kidnapped. Sworn to avenge her family and others plagued by crime, BlackBird re-surfaces once more to exact justice.
JOLLY THE CLOWN BACK STORY
After years of searching for her sister BlackBird discovers that her own sister was behind the killings of her family and to murder BlackBird. After years of jealousy combined with being released from active military duty; Jolly joined the underground crime syndicate as a gun for hire, including taking the contract to kill her family and most of all her sister.
ABOUT 8 PAGE ACTION
8 Page Action, is a one shot comic that only has eight pages, so the action will come fast and quick, taking the reader past all the dull build up ad straight to the action as it is in progress. The comic will feature one or two characters in the comic consisting primarily of super heroes and villains. Our first issue 8 Page Action; Featuring BlackBird is our first issue in what we hope to be an ongoing series, with an issue coming out once or twice a year featuring a different hero and villain.
Comic Book Divas Publishing is very fortunate to have the awesome artist Ben Carbonero to do the very first issue; he will not only be drawing the comic but also will be the art designer.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR FOR THE COMIC?
- We are primarily looking for cosplayers mainly in the North Texas, or Texas area; HOWEVER we will consider cosplayers from around the 48 States.
- Must be 19 years of age or older.
- Must be reliable and have good communication skills to communicate with Comic Book Divas Publishing and the artist.
- Must be outgoing and friendly to fans, and should have attended or attends conventions
- Comic Book Divas Publishing and the artist requires permission to use photos of the model
WHAT IS REQUIRED FROM THE MODEL?
There really isn’t a lot for the model to do to be in the comic book, in fact Comic Book Divas Publishing does most if not all the work
- Comic Book Divas Publishing and the artist needs permission to use photos of the model; the model doesn’t need to have ny additional photos taken.
- We ask the model to help promote the comic and CBDP via social media and or at conventions
- The model should have good communication skills in order to let them know about the project and we can show the project and project designs.
- The model must sign a contract that gives CBDP to feature their likeness in the comic and promotional items such as promo cards
WHAT IS PROVIDED IN EXCHANGE?
- The model will receive 25 copies of their own variant edition.
- The actual comic book files will be provided to the model for additional printing of copies
- The model keeps all sales of the copies provided to her by CBDP
- The model receives 10 8×10 prints featuring the character
- The model will be provided promo postcards featuring them to not only promote the comic but themselves.
- Models will be featured on the CBDP website and promoted through social media
- If model lives in the North Texas area, then they would be invited to be guests at the CBDP table during a convention appearance, where they could sign copies of their variant cover and prints
If you are interested or have questions please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or send us a message on our FaceBook Page ,the 8 Page Action: Featuring BlackBird FaceBook Event Page, or our Twitter @ComicBookDivas.com
Comic Book Divas has been so busy catching up on working on some of our newest titles like “Goldilocks In ZombieLand“, “Hero Girl”, “8 Page Action: Featuring BlackBird, and of course the release of “SQUIRREL: The Chattering” #2 with Legends Of Heroes And Villains this month. Now as things are getting back to normal we wanted to talk about our time at the Dallas Comic Con Dallas SciFi Expo 2014.
As always the promoters once again did a fantastic job lining up top notch guests that included Richard Dreyfuss, Karen Gillian, Peter Wellar, Lee Majors, and Lindsey Wagner, Ian Churchill, Chris Sprouse, Howard Chaykin, Billy Tucci, Kevin McGuire and many more; if you want to checkout all the guests then be sure to visit the Dallas SciFi Expo website.
At this year’s Dallas SciFi Expo; Comic Book Divas brought with us “SQUIRREL: The Chattering” #1 plus a very special signed and limited edition “SQUIRREL: The Chattering” #2 Preview Edition; for those that were lucky enough to pickup the special edition also got a special coupon for a $1.00 off issue #2. In addition we spoke with old and new fans about some of our upcoming titles including ”Goldilocks In ZombieLand”; we announced that portraying Goldilocks would be North Texas cosplayer Emily Ann, we also informed fans to look for “Goldilocks In ZombieLand” #1 in May 2014; with art by Richard and Kristi Zerga with a cover by artist Kealy Racca.
On Saturday cosplayer and “Booth Diva” Scarlett Wolf was at the Comic Book Divas Publishing table; this was Scarlett Wolf’s second time with CBDP but as always she did an awesome job; she spoke with fans about the upcoming all-ages comic book “Hero Girl”; Scarlett Wolf will be portraying “Hero Girl” in this all action, all ages comic book; the comic is being co-written and co-created by Jeff Hughes and artist Joshua C. Lyman; Josh will be the artist and art designer. Yes, of course Scarlett Wolf did cosplay and as always knocked people over with her creativeness This year she portrayed Ariel from “The Little Mermaid” and from the Pokémon series “Misty”
Scarlett took pictures with fans and spoke to them about her appearance in “Hero Girl” at the Comic Book Divas table and she also around the vast convention floors again taking pictures and talking with fans.
Also on hand Saturday was 13 year old artist Brooke Nelson; as you remember Brooke visited our table at the Dallas Comic Con in 2013 to show us her artwork, we were in awe of her work at such a young age that we decided right there to work with her and bring her to the Dallas SciFi Expo. Since then Brooke has been working on her artwork and style, in addition she has appeared on local television news stations such as CBS 11 and FOX 4 News; Brooke spoke about her desire to be a professional artist and how she hopes to one day work not only in comic books, but also animation.
Brooke did a fantastic job on Saturday as she sold her prints, did some sketches of cosplayers; Brooke also greeted fans who saw her on television and came by to just talk to her about her artwork. Brook also spoke with people who also had autism and wanted to talk with her about how inspiring she was to them. Although this was Brooke’s first convention, she took to it like a fish to water. As mentioned Brooke did some sketches of cosplayers and even did a sketch of Scarlett Wolf as Misty from Pokémon. We marveled at how quickly she did the sketches and how well executed they were drawn; we were also impressed that each sketch took 25 to 30 minutes to complete. This is a remarkable talent we have met and grateful to her mother for allowing her to work with us.
We hope to see you at the Dallas Comic Con in May.